Terms of Service
Last updated June 17, 2019
By accessing the website at http://looksideway.com and any of the subdomains, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on LookSideway's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on LookSideway's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by LookSideway at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on LookSideway's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. LookSideway makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, LookSideway does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall LookSideway or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on LookSideway's website, even if LookSideway or a LookSideway authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on LookSideway's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. LookSideway does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. LookSideway may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However LookSideway does not make any commitment to update the materials.
LookSideway has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by LookSideway of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
LookSideway may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
9.Lawful Use of the Network
In using the Services, Subscribers must comply with, and refrain from violations of, any right of any other person, entity, law, or contractual duty, including without limitation the laws of the United States and the laws of Delaware, and including without limitation those laws forbidding: (a) distribution of child pornography, (b) forgery, identity theft, misdirection or interference with electronic communications, (c) invasion of privacy, (d) unlawful sending of commercial electronic messages or other marketing or electronic communications, (e) collection of excessive user data from children, or other improper data collection activities, (f) securities violations, wire fraud, money laundering, or terrorist activities, or (f) false advertising, propagating or profiting from frauds and unfair schemes. Subscribers will also comply with the affirmative requirements of law governing use of the Services, including but not limited to: (i) disclosure requirements, including those regarding notification of security breaches, (ii) records maintenance for regulated industries, and (iii) financial institution safeguards.
The Services are subject to the trade and economic sanctions maintained by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”). By accessing the Services, you agree to comply with these laws and regulations. Specifically, you represent and warrant that you are not (a) located in any country that is subject to OFAC’s trade and economic sanctions, currently Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea region of the Ukraine, or (b) an individual or entity included on any U.S. lists of prohibited parties including: the Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals List (“SDN List”) and Sectoral Sanctions List (“SSI List”). Additionally, you agree not to – directly or indirectly – sell, export, reexport, transfer, divert, or otherwise dispose of any service received from LookSideway in contradiction with these laws and regulations. Failure to comply with these laws and regulations may result in the suspension or termination of your Account.
We are distributors (not publishers) of the content supplied by visitors and other third parties. Accordingly, we have no more editorial control over this content than does a public library. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content made available by members, visitors and other third parties are those of the respective author(s) and we are not responsible for any material posted by third parties. We cannot and do not endorse it in any way, we expressly disclaim any liability associated with material posted by third parties.
Unless otherwise stated, reference to any products, services, hypertext link to the third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us. Nor is endorsement of us implied by such links. They are for convenience only, as an index in a public library.
Any information on LookSideway's websites, apps, communities and its properties may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Furthermore, the information may change from time to time without any notice.
You agree to observe and maintain the confidentiality of all security features relating to use of the Website (including passwords, access arrangements etc) as notified. LookSideway will not be liable for any unauthorised breach or disclosure of the security features.
10. Non-legally binding TL;DR:
- LookSideway's sites are crowdsourced and have user-generated content, so don't rely on the data.
- We're not liable if you get hurt because of our site, app, data or meetups.
- You allow us to publish the stuff you contribute to this site indefinitely unless you Delete Your Account(which you can do through going to the Account Settings after logging into your account from the Navbar or your profile page).
- When providing feedback (through the feedback form or any other way), you agree to let us use it to improve the site/app.
- We collect analytics data including your IP, location and actions on this site to make it better (including through Google and other analytics services).
- We also use your IP, location and actions on this site to personalize it (e.g. show you the relevant jobs around you)
- If you use one of our APIs or data, you're required to link back to us at every page or in every app screen you use the data on.
- You can only re-publish our data if it's for non-commercial objectives (e.g. not a company/startup)
- LookSideway reserves the right to refuse or remove any Content or terminate or deny access to your use of the Service for any reason whatsoever. Please read the Community Guidelines for rules and advice on what types of Content and uses of the Service are appropriate at LookSideway.